WHAT OUR FILM FIXERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT FILM PRODUCTION IN SOMALILAND
Film locations in Somaliland
- The capital ,Hargeisa,
- The ancient port city of Berbera,
- Daallo Mountain National Park,
- Hargeisa National Park, History of Somaliland
- Beaches with wonderful coral reefs and rugged coastline
- Filming on the Red Sea is done throughout the year and the best time is during the Hagaa winter dry season from December to March.
Film permits for productions in Somaliland
You will require film permits to film in Somaliland. These applications are done by local film fixers in the region. Location fees for privately owned locations apply. Applications for film production that require street closures, larger setups or travel to unsafe locations require extra time and are more expensive.
Unauthorized filming, photography or any other recording of government buildings, military installations and key infrastructure such as airports and border controls, bridges, and public buildings, as well as of religious sites such as mosques is illegal while filming in Somaliland. Penalties may include arrest, fines and confiscation of your filming equipment.